Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SC1992

Losing motivation!!

2 posts in this topic

So ive basically given myslef a kick up the backside and ive started eating right to lose weight but im stuck at a certain weight and it wont go past! I want to start running but im feeling pretty self conscious and wont be able to go far at all, does anyone have any tips? I was 21st 4 and im now 20st 4 but its really not going past that! Im consuming 1600 calories per day! 

Hi,

Firstly congratulations for losing a stone and for deciding you want to get healthy and in shape!

You don't need to get out there and run, especially if you feel a little self conscious. My advice would be to start a real easy exercise program that you can do in your own home, one that has low intensity exercises to begin with and see how you do, see if you enjoy it and see if you lose a bit more weight. Swimming is a great all round exercise too. Power walking is a great low intensity starter before deciding to run.

Join a local fitness class ( one that is designed for people to lose weight and get in shape - not these Insanity workout types ) and find a weekly weight loss class. In other words surround yourself with people who have the same goals as you do, this will help with your motivation.

Eating good healthy food and exercising is a great decision that you have made, I really do wish you the best of luck.