Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RachK16

Running... Or Cycling?

22 posts in this topic

.. which is best for toning up and getting rid of unwanted jelly on the gluteus maximus?

I go jogging at least 3 times a week, uphill for 3 miles each time. My backside seems to have stopped slimming, whilst my arms, stomach & everywhere else is constantly getting much less giggly.

I'm thinking of getting a bike, however, its a lorra moolar if it won't help.

Thanks in advance!

Ps. I ain't postin a 'newbie' thread 'cos lets face it who reads um

Hi Rach,

Both are good for burning fat from all over the body, cardio is the best thing you can do really for that. A bike will definitely help, but also if you're looking to firm your glutes etc, you should maybe look into buying a stepper too :)

Hmm yeh good point actually. I used to go to the gym (I do in winter only cos' its too cold to go running.. wimp I know) & used the stepper & found it extremely hard so I may invest & go back. I'm comin to terms with the fact I'm made to have a big butt!! Thanks for the advice! This forum is live & kicking isn't it <_< .. ;)

Cycling can really tone your muscles in thigh and leg area. I have a stationary bike at home and I really enjoyed it. I spend about 30 minutes in cycling I noticed that my arms and leg gets slimmer. I do it every night and it is really effective. I also love running every morning it really improves my immune system and keeps me going all day long.

I think cycling is better. It definitely helps to tone your body muscles & is actually a lot of fun! I love to cycle around the town & as I enjoy the whole experience dont even feel tired. Good luck :)

You don't have to pick one. Mixing it up - running some days, cycling others - keeps the interest.

both, but try hitting the gym too once in a while for some exercises supervised by pros.

Cycling would be great to toning up i do it and has got excellent result.

Cycling is the best, so far i have lost 90lbs, and it has transformed me. Would be glad to help. Good luck rolleyes.gif

I love running and cyclingit is one of the best exercises that help me to lose weight and have tonermuscles. I like running in the morning and cycle every weekend. I also have astationary bike at home where I can bike during cold weather like now. I spendabout 30 minutes to do it in the morning.

I think cycling is better. It definitely helps to tone your body muscles & is actually a lot of fun! I love to cycle around the town & as I enjoy the whole experience dont even feel tired. Good luck :)

Well, cycling can let you fun while doing exercise and it's a lot nicer when you have someone with you. ;)

Too cold here too.

If you are stuck indoors and not looking to spend then there's always running on the spot, jumping jacks and skipping.

Just make sure you're on the ground floor.

Hi Guys!

I'm new to this forum and I think this is a great chat here. I am currently contemplating getting a proper roadbike and to start cycling to work so I don't have to fit my exercise routine around work, does that make sense? I currently just use an old secondhand bike that I got off gumtree.

Does anyone else cycle to work? What are everyone's thoughts? Where should I start re looking for new bike? I haven't got a huge budget but wouldn't mind something light to make it a little easier haha

Thanks

smile.gif

If you do both in a balanced manner, you will get extremely attractive body. You can Run and Cycle alternatively. 15 minutes running and 15 minutes cycling every day can help you get in shape within 30 days.

Neither. Once you find a sport or fitness class that makes you laugh or cheer you won't want to do such tedious, boring "sports" again.

I prefer cycling ...

In my opinion running is more efficient. During a run every part of your body is moving. But I wouldn't give up cycling anyway.

First post!

I lost 6 stone over 15 months with a combination for cycling and running. Personally I found cycling less stressful on my body and it was easier to get into fat burning mode using the MAF approach than running where my effort/heart rate was much higher even at moderate, near walking pace. I never really enjoyed running that much  

My wife however lost slightly more weight in a similar period with just running. She hates cycling. 

I suggest doing something that you enjoying, whether it's running, zumba, cycling or running carrying a bicycle. You're more likely to stick at it and burn the fat plus keep it off.

I would also recommend weightlifting irrespective of age, gender or physical ability. Seek the help of a personal trainer if you're unsure.

I think cycling is better...

Both cardiovascular exercises strengthen your heart and improve your overall health. Both exercises build leg muscles and increase mobility at the hip joint. Running is a weight-bearing exercise and thus helps build bone density. Over time, both forms of exercise can help you maintain weight loss. Keep up an exercise program that burns at least 2,800 calories per week to keep pounds from creeping back on, as shown by participants in the Weight Loss Control Registry, a research group studying thousands who have successfully maintained weight loss.

cycling is the best. It will help my communication as well exercise.