Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Samberry

Healthy Icecream Substitute.

5 posts in this topic

A lot of my friends come to me saying that they struggle to eat healthy because they get cravings for icecream. I imagine some of you have this same problem so I'll give you my solution.

Take a bunch of bananas and throw them in the freezer, then put them in the blender. you get a delicious creamy sorbet-like dessert that you can add to if you want.

You can add cocoa power if you want, or even protein shake.

Good idea will try at home.. but same problem it does not feel like a real ice cream..

You could also try mixing with Elephant Superfood Snacks. They are a great source of nutrition and taste awesome with everything. My Fave is the Brilliant Berry Boost!

Ice cream is my favorite cheat food and I don't think it is harmful to eat my favorite ice cream once in a while. But in the meantime , this is really seems like a good substitute thanks for sharing.

One of my favorite substitute for ice cream is Guava Sorbet. It can be easily made at home following the listed recipe -

Ingredients
2 cups ripe chopped guavas
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp lime juice
a few drops of strawberry red fruit color

Method
1. Combine the guavas, sugar and 1 cup of water in a pan and bring to a boil.
2. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes till the guavas soften and the sugar syrup is of one string consistency.
3. Cool slightly and blend in a liquidizer.
4. Strain through a sieve and add the lemon juice and red food color so that the mixture is pink in color. Mix well and cool completely.
5. Pour into a shallow container. Cover and freeze till it is firm.
6. Serve small scoops in long stemmed ice-cream glasses.

Nutritional info
Serves 2
Nutritional value per serve: Calories 250kcal, Fat 1g, Carbs 58g, Protein 1.5g
Get more of such health and easy to make recipes in Mevo – Weight Loss & Fitness app. Available both on Android and iOS.