Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anyamyers

Supplements! Effective Or Not!

8 posts in this topic

I'm not strictly against pills. But pills are generally dangerous if the right information is not given. Eating right food( amount of calories in food), exercising(regular exercise even if it is 30 mins or more) and having a positive attitude towards losing weight only then people can lose weight fast and have healthy body. I've tried pills and other supplements but it was not that effective. But I prefer one should lose weight naturally not through shakes or protein or any other kind of supplements. If you lose weight naturally then it will keep that lost fat away for longer time.rolleyes.gif

I don't recommended supplements until it is the necessity. It should be noted that supplements don't cure the diseases. Most of the people take health supplements thinking that will treat the disease such as diabetes and cancer. The best health supplement which I suggest is the coconut water. It is a natural energy drink which contains no harmful preservatives. Coconut Water has been awarded for being the best sports drink.

Some supplements are effective in the prevention & treatment of illness as some are recommended by GP's.I personally take evening primrose oil and fish oil, which I find works for me. However, there are a lot of them out there that are poorly regulated and some that are supported by a weak evidence base. In addition, a lot of supplements are only tested on animals and not humans.

Therefore I would say, if you are going to take supplements that your'e not sure about, do your research. Also you can get advice from your doctor, nutritionist, or dietitian.

Supplements should not be taken for the treatment of any disease. It is a myth among people that supplements are taken to cure the disease. It is, however, merely taken to supplement nutritional deficiencies in the body to help both body and mind work properly. You can get almost all types of health supplements from NaturalJuices.co.uk website.

Supplements are a great and healthy way to reach your fitness goal. There are so many misconceptions about supplements and 'pills'.

These supplements are usually just natural herbs and products that are manufactured into a consumable product which can either aid with weight loss or muscle gain.

Don't be scared to try supplements, they're no worse than the multi-vitamin you take every morning!

Some great beginner supplements to start off with are:

Whey Protein

Caffeine

Fish Oil

Detox

BCAAs

Creatine

CLA

Calcium

Vitamins

Don't take supplements without consulting your doctor. This is the first thing I wish to say. Secondly, I want to tell you that supplements work only if you're lacking certain vitamins and minerals. After that, you must make sure that supplements you buy is from the renowned place. Most online stores are selling adulterated supplements for the sake of profit. 

Hey

I use Forever Living natural supplements, they are amazing! I take the arctic sea omega-3 tablets for my joints and concentration levels, bee pollen tablets for energy, multi macca for an on top sex drive. The drinking gel is ace, I feel so healthy off it. I also use Argi+ for pre and post workout. The products are so powerful and all natural. Mother nature at its finest!

Hi,

Supplements should be used exactly as the name suggests.  They should supplement a good nutrition plan.  

If you haven't got a good base level of nutrition then a boat-load of supplements can't make up for that.  You're simply wasting your time and money.

Assuming that your diet is on point, then there are some supplements on the market that will have a positive effect on achieving your goals.

Protein powders are a convenient source of high quality protein.  There's no magic powers to them.  It's just a different way to get your protein intake.  Often best before or after training as it's not always palatable to have some chicken straight after you train.

If you're looking to build muscle and strength, I'd always recommend creatine.  It's got proven benefits.  Stick to the basic monohydrate as the other, more fancier versions, just aren't worth the extra cash.

Don't bother with BCAAs.  If you've got a good diet, you don't need them.  You only need this type of product if you're training in a fasted state.  And even in these situations I'd recommend HMB as this prevents muscle loss in the same way as a BCAA product would, but without spiking insulin levels.

If you really want to take BCAAs then I'd suggest you get Leucine on its own.  It's the one ingredient of the three in BCAA products that has proven to be most effective.  You'll notice that most BCAA products don't contain a clinically effective dose of it, so buy it on its own to get the exact amount you need and its so much cheaper.

I've written an article that you can read here on the 5 supplements I'd recommend.

Simon