Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brittnaybailey

Tea Smoked Chicken Breats

1 post in this topic

If you want to make healthy tasty meals getting a smoker is a great idea!  I have been amking really yummy meals with just the flavour from the smoke instead of having add calories and sugar full sauce and dressings! Its how I started enjoying chicken again, I used to find it so bland with all the just lemon or pepper! I have put my favourite recipe below its tea smoked chicken!

Ingredients

2 chicken breasts, skinless

For the coating:

A little olive oil

1tbsp dried thyme

1tbsp black peppercorns, crushed in a pestle and mortar

1tsp dried chillies, crushed in a pestle and mortar

½tsp sea salt

For the smoking mixture:

Black tea leaves from 14-16 bags

Method

Put all the ingredients for the coating in a dish and roll the chicken breasts in it. Set aside in the fridge for a couple of hours.

When you’re ready to cook, carefully put the chicken breasts in a sieve or colander or steaming rack.

Line a large saucepan or wok with tin foil. Mix the ingredients for the the smoking mixture together and add to the bottom of the foil. Put the chicken (in the sieve/colander) on top of the pan and tightly cover with more tin foil.

Put the heat on the hob to the lowest possible setting and cook the chicken for 30 mins. After that time, remove the foil and leave the chicken to cool a little.

Once cool, carve the chicken on the diaganal into 0.5cm thick slices.

For the stir-fried noodles and vegetables, cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 4-5 mins (or according to pack instructions). Drain and rinse under cold water and set aside.

Add the oil to a large frying pan or wok and stir-fry the sugar snaps and peppers for 4-5 mins until tender, then add the mushrooms.

Stir-fry for a further minute before adding 2 tbsp black bean sauce and 1 tbsp hot bean sauce and 1 tsp sugar. Stir, then return the noodles to the pan.

We used to have a electric smokers which was really convenient for because you could just doing lovely smoked flavours and use it in the house! However that one just broke and we just picked up the weber charcoal grill and smoker, give it a try your healthy recipe options will open up! I have been converted!