Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Requia

Meal plan to prepare for physical exam?

3 posts in this topic

So I've just been called to interview for a prison guard role, and it includes a physical test. Nothing major in the way of physical demand, but I want to give the best results I possibly can. Interview is in six weeks time.

I have my routine worked out already (a nice balance of cardio and weight training) but what I really struggle with is meal plans, especially on a budget. I hate cooking so I tend to get really lazy with it, but I feel like this job opportunity is the motivation I've needed to get it right. 
What kinds of meals should I be preparing for myself? Do I need a digital scale to measure protein/portions of carbs etc? Does variety help or for a strict budget is it better to cook bulk meals and freeze for convenience? Basically any advice appreciated.

Hi Requia

Working as a prison guard (I can imagine) will need a great deal of energy and for you to be on top of your game at all times. I'd say first make small changes to your current diet, e.g. have porridge for breakfast instead of what you'd normally grab, add veggies and salads to your meals - talking of meals, cook more of these from scratch. In terms of measurements, I don't really follow anything in particular - I just play it by ear and common sense. My body needs a balance of nutrients and macronutrients, so I fuel it accordingly. 

Freezing meals for easy cooking later is a great idea - freezing them will help preserve the nutrients, too. Try making spag bol, chilli con carne, homemade curries, chicken risotto - mainly rice and pasta dishes that can be frozen, aren't made of much/any processed products and will provide you with plenty of energy. 

Bulk cooking is definitely better for convenience, however price I'm not so sure about.

Hope that helps - message me if you need any further info.

Hi Requia,

I usually prepare the meals ahead of time (freezer cooking). I think it's a good strategy because it saves a lot of time. 

Of course, you should have a large fridge, with a freezer.

I have Blomberg BRFB1051FFBIN, and I must say that I'm very satisfied. It provides plenty of space to store your food.