Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Fitness Monks

What's your approach to 'lifestyle eating'?

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

So I am a new personal trainer and I am curious as to how to tackle the area of dieting for my clients. This is very different for everyone and I have the knowledge of what a good diet should consist of but obviously that is no good if clients don't adhere to them long term. I am aware that there are a plethora of different 'diets' out there, of which the majority just can't be maintained for the long haul despite their claims. 

I'd love to know what approaches people have taken to habitual eating, that have worked for YOU (long term)? For example does a strict diet of calorie counting and scrutinising macros/micros work for you. Are you a more flexible dieter with periods of 'clean eating' followed by allowing yourself 'cheat days', or do you not even bother with calorie counting and latest trends but just try to get a wide variety of food in your diet?

These are just examples but what works for you and why..?

Thanking you in advance

I personally go with a healthy, balanced diet. I eat the food pyramid, basically. I make sure each meal has a balance of carbs, protein and fat, though I don't take the contents of that combination overly seriously (I don't eat 'clean', basically).

I also accept that there will be days that I splurge and eat more than I had planned or would like (think parties, special occasions and the odd film night), however these are few and far between for me and I exercise most days so they're not detrimental. 

I get the majority of the sugar in my diet from fruits, and I'll throw in veggies with dinner. This is what works for me, makes me feel good and helps me train at an intensity I like, and that's what I think people should look for in a nutrition plan.

I've actually written an e-Book about this if you'd like a read?

So sorry for the late reply!

Your way of dieting seems quite realistic for the general population and Im glad to hear it supports your training intensity.

Yes send me your e-Book and i will check it out .

i keep my diet fairly balanced. i will adjust carbs as i see fit depending on how i feel that day or week