Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

6 posts in this topic

I am currently writing a health and lifestyle blog has part of a University project. My first post is on The impacts of crash dieting on your health. Any comments would be appreciated and feel free to follow my page for future updates on health and sustainable ways to live and lose weight. Thanks x
https://lifestylewithlynsey.blogspot.co.uk 

One factor that contributes to regain in people of normal weight is an increase in appetite hormones.  The body boosts its production of these hunger-inducing hormones when it senses it has lost fat and muscle. I personally believe that dieting is not very effective without proper fitness efforts.  I am much concerned about my body and I am a regular exerciser. I often take genuine supplements too. I rely on http://filtur.co.uk  to get the best deals on my supplements.

Depends on your definition of a 'diet'. When people say they're going on a diet they often mean doing a 'detox' or eating nothing but cabbage soup for 60 days. This will make you fat because, where you lose a great deal of water weight, you'll eventually give in to your cravings and gain it all back, and then some.

However, if you choose to better your eating habits for the long-term in a way that you can sustain for the rest of your life and overall making choices that'll benefit your health...then no, dieting will not make you fat.

All about perspective, lad.

One way in which dieting can make you gain weight is that it alters metabolic rate and alters your energy requirements because its association with energy-deficient diets. Disinhibited eating behaviour can also cause you to gain weight because of the heavy restriction associated with dieting, by having such a restriction it causes individuals to enter a cycle of disinhibited eating where due to the restriction people often enter a 'binge' episode or eat more than their usual consumption. Individuals also amplifying a single lapse in progress or catastrophise the prospect of prolonged food deprivation so therefore eat more than usual meaning that they gain weight even though they are dieting. 

Crash diets don't work, full stop. No one can sustain them and all they do is make you crave foods which you then end up eating more of when you give in and putting on more weight. It's very common with these diets for people to actually put more weight on after them and this tends to keep being the process until they end up carrying more weight than they have before.

It puts a lot of stress on your body to cut things out completely. When it comes to your diet, keep it realistic and that will be sustainable and most importantly keep your portions correct to your body and lifestyle. 

On 8 December 2017 at 6:34 PM, Hannah01 said:

One way in which dieting can make you gain weight is that it alters metabolic rate and alters your energy requirements because its association with energy-deficient diets. Disinhibited eating behaviour can also cause you to gain weight because of the heavy restriction associated with dieting, by having such a restriction it causes individuals to enter a cycle of disinhibited eating where due to the restriction people often enter a 'binge' episode or eat more than their usual consumption. Individuals also amplifying a single lapse in progress or catastrophise the prospect of prolonged food deprivation so therefore eat more than usual meaning that they gain weight even though they are dieting. 

An interesting paper to read on this is 'Does dieting make you fat?' by Hill (2004) 

Hill, A. (2004). Does dieting make you fat?. British Journal Of Nutrition, 92(S1), S15. http://dx.doi.org/10.1079/bjn20041135