Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Fitness4ever

Weight lifting shoes

7 posts in this topic

Hi all

I use a simple pair of Asics trainers in the gym.

I'm looking to purchase some new ones and wondered if it would be worth going down the route of buying "weight training" shoes.

Looking at other folks in the gym and online - a black Nike shoe can cost in excess of £120.

I'm not convinced I really need that.

That said, anyone have any good recommendations on gym shoes?

For general weight lifting, opt for a flat shoe. It doesn't have to be anything special. Skate shoes, tennis shoes, wrestling shoes, they all work. Running shoes are a poor choice for lifting. 

You can buy weightlifting shoes with a solid raised heel, but unless you do olympic weightlifting or need the heel elevation for squats, they're largely unnecessary, I have a pair of Adidas Power Perfect 2 lifting shoes but I barely use them. 

Theo

I'm looking for gym shoes too! My running gear shoes are causing serious discomfort, but come for running. Anybody,??? 

I'm planning on buying shoes for the gym. As stated, you don't want any with padded soles. If they're still available, I'll be getting something like the Hi-Tec Squash I used to have when I was younger.

Get some Chucks. They're really great weight lifting shoes, and cheap too!

Hi guys,

Wearing inappropriate shoes can cause serious damage to muscles, tissue, bones and joints throughout the body. My personal recommendation are Ryderwear weightlifting shoes .  
Yes, they may sometimes be a little expensive, but it is a must-have for those who are serious about lifting.

If someone has better suggestions, I'd love to hear them. 

Hi guys,

I think that Chucks are ideal for any type of lift. Two years ago I bought my first pair of Chucks (only for lifting), but quickly I found that they are very versatile. So, I can wear my Chucks during any workout (except running). But, a few months ago, a friend told me that I should try real lifting shoes because they have a raised heel and, also, they are more stable than typical shoes (this is a massive advantage). I was looking for quality shoes and I found the best shoes for gym, my first lifting shoes.

You should definitely try these shoes especially for major lifts such as squat and deadlift.