Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pookie

Spin Class: Constant Pain in big toe using normal trainers

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've been doing spin for 6 months now and I love it! 

However, all my class are very into it and use cycling trainers whereas I use different pairs of "normal" trainers - mainly running style.

Because I use the foot cages and not the lock in support, when standing up on the bike, my big toes are often pressing against or inbetween the cages and by the end of class, they are very painful and now beginning to see it is sore when wearing normal shoes outside of gym

Could anyone give me any advise of what I might be doing wrong or an alternative type of trainer style until I can purchase a pair of spin shoes.

Thanks x

I sometimes get this from tennis and climbing. You don't really say how the damage manifests itself. Is the nail being damaged in any way or is it just bruising?

If it's the nail, the make sure it's trimmed short as the overhang from growing nails can make the rest of the nail peel upward through pressure on the overhang.

If it's just rubbing or bruising, then try thicker socks or padding the shoe in some way.