Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

LittlePenBigHeart

Done something to my ankle

1 post in this topic

Just wanting a little advice, really. 

I'm not actually sure what happened. I generally have very strong ankles so when I turn it over by accident, it normally only hurts for a minute or two and then I walk on it and the pain goes away. However, last Thursday I went to sit cross-legged on the bed after a shower (I'd been to the gym - upper body workout) and it hurt like hell to turn my right foot inwards. 

Since then, it's grown more painful. I can walk on it without any difficulty, although I can feel it's a little sore. Occasionally, I'm getting pain radiating into other parts of my ankle/foot. When I walked a long way on Saturday night, my achilles start to hurt a bit. Occasionally I get a throbbing sensation in the bony bit leading up to the big toe. There's no swelling, no bruising and the majority of the pain is still really when I turn my foot inwards. 

Now obviously, I'm not looking for 'proper' medical advice. I have a doctor's appointment already booked for Thursday morning so I can ask my doctor to look at it then but in the meantime, should I ice it? Apply heat? Wrap it? Stay off it? Just carry on as normal? Does anyone have any idea what the cause might be?? 

Any advice, really, would be helpful. 

Thanks!