Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

LittlePenBigHeart

Sprained Ankle. Advice?

3 posts in this topic

Last Thursday I hurt my ankle. If I'm honest, I'm not sure how. I went to sit cross-legged and couldn't because it hurt so much. It's a little better now but instead of only hurting on its side, it hurts all the time. I went to see a chiropractor today (because my doctor was worse than useless) and she's confirmed it's sprained. I have to ice it four time a day, keep it elevated and rest it as much as possible...but I work three days a week in a job where I have to stand all day. 

I'm just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes a sprain to heal, generally? I MISS EXERCISE!!!

Depends how badly you hurt it

Could you still exercise on a bike?  if so at least that's something you can do!

Probably not, to be honest. It's getting better but an exercise bike still puts a fair bit of pressure on the ankle and moves the ankle joint about quite a bit. I'm doing gentle stretching at the moment but I have a job that requires me to stand all day and I really don't think that's helping matters much, lol!  I do think it's getting better. The pain isn't as bad, it's rarely spasming now and the pain has moved a little. Just slow progress, I suppose!