Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

M.Khatib

Calories & Macronutrients Calculation

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am starting to learn the sports nutrition, and a question came when practicing some of the information I have been learning. If someone needs to cut fats, he will be in calorie deficit, and it is easy to know the amount of calories needed per day to create the deficit. However, when trying to know the macronutrients, if we used the standard tables, for example (carbs is 6-8 g / kg of body weight), and Protein (1.2 - 1.7g /kg of bodyweight) for a person who works out daily intensively, and fats 15-20% of the total calorie intake, summing up all the grams and multiplying them by their calories equal, the total out come in calories is much higher than the amount of calories needed to mantain weight or to create a deficit.

How can we solve this?

Come up with a fixed number of calories to be on a deficit, and from that number, do your macro split. I'd say, 35% carbs, 50% protein, and 15% fat is a decent macro split for fat loss and muscle maintenance. But also keep in mind that the person's body type could be a factor so you'll have to look into that too and consider it before figuring out their macro split.