Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dk63

Looking for advice

3 posts in this topic

I've been going to a gym for a few months now, and With that, and previously exercising at home, I've lost a couple of stone, which I'm pleased about. However, this has brought to light an issue I believe i have called Diastasis Recti. Basically, it appears that all the years of being fat and overweight have caused my abdominal muscles to separate down the middle, and I've ended up with a raised ridge of tissue. I have looked up some exercises but I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge or experience of this?

Diastasis Recti-Safe Exercises

Here are a few exercises for diastasis recti recovery, they are not direct ab exercises but will still help close the gap.

Strength Exercises

Glute bridge

Side plank

Australian pull up

Single leg deadlift

Bodyweight squats/wall sit

These exercises utilize many muscle groups to support and strengthen the core musculature. 

Natural Movements

Crawling

Hanging

Walking

Restorative Poses

Legs up wall

Psoas release

Child’s pose

These natural movements and restorative poses work to engage the core musculature in a dynamic way, as opposed to in isolation

I think you should continue if you would like to lose weight now. Because on the GYM you will not be able to lose weight but also to gain muscle as well.