Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Devonshirewhu

What to eat after powerwave

4 posts in this topic

Hi all

new to the forum

Previously I've been into running. Half marathons etc, but recently just got bored of it. So I've recently joined a gym and doing powerwave classes (similar to Hiit I'd say) which are brilliant. Really enjoying it. Doing the odd classes of circuits too but it's been pretty much all powerwave. 20 mins high intensity. I'll often finish at home with 10 -15 on my excercide bike. Just to top up a bit more on the calorie burn I guess 

My question is; even though I generally have some muesli and fruit before the work out, then something to eat like fish and pasta or similar, the problem is, I'm feeling tired and lethargic. A bit fuzzy too and just not as lively as I thought I'd be 

During the week, I've also cut out chocolate and crisps too 

Any idea please on what I could or should be doing or having to eat?

Still learning and im finding it all really interesting, so any help or advice would be great please 

As I say, I was hoping to feel all upbeat, fresh and lively, but I'm not, really! 

Cheers 

Just to add - 

Have breakfast an or so before the workout 

Eat light healthy food before workout and after workout take liquid diet.

I can't stand chocolate it makes me feel absoloutely dreadful and I am not diabetic so it's not because of that, I just don't touch the stuff now but I do have a bag of crisps per day.

The ultimate energy and feelgood boost for me is..... a banana lol. Also Lamb, it must be because it has a lot of Vitmain D.

Good luck to you it sounds like you really should take a few days off from exercising, or if you're like me and think you have to work out everyday, which you do not, just get some more food down you and lots and lots of water, I am no expert but I recently took a week off from exercise and found out my body was simply exhausted, another massive thing is getting proper and long enough sleep.

Go easy on yourself it looks like you are working out extremely, I personally think crisps are fine, a bag only contains around 130 calories where as a tiny bit of chocolate is massive amounts, I can't stand the stuff. I just say eat what you want except sugary crap like chocolate, cakes, sweets, fizzy drinks etc. Ok crisps and meat are high in fat but this fat must not be confused with gaining fat as weight, they're way less in calories than sugar.