Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

fitnessjr

New to the gym

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm new to the gym and was just looking for some general pointers - apologies if these questions have been asked a million times before, feel free to point me in the direction of the answers if they have!

I'm really new to the fitness in general, haven't properly exercised since I was about 13 and I am 21 now so I have very little strength or stamina. I was just wondering what the most effective way to up my fitness and gain some strength etc is? where is the best place to find workout plans and stuff?

I'd also like to know if anyone has any tips on overcoming gym anxiety? I'm fine with cardio but when it comes to weights/conditioning I always get to scared to do anything because I know I'll be doing it wrong so I'll look stupid.

Thanks!

Your gym membership will include one program with the weights you can manage and a demonstration of each exercise - ask for yours!

HTH

Hey glad to get your post here. I also love to go the GYM. So looking for few good tips. lol

If the gym is packed, you should only stay on a cardio machine for 25 minutes. You can do your workout and finish up with cardio if you want to do more. It's only fair to allow everyone a turn.