Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KeepGoing

Cholesterol

2 posts in this topic

3 years ago I used to eat massive amounts of chocolate, and I mean massive amounts, I was also drinking 12 units of alcohol every day, along with 2-3 cans of Coca Cola. My cholesterol was extremely high and this doctor prescribed me statins which I did not take because I have read they have serious side effects. This doctor never rang me or followed me up to check I had taken them. Fast forward 3 years I have another doctor and he tells me he does not check cholesterol until you are over 40 years of age.

I know I must look stupid asking 3 years later but I have become extremely health conscious in my life now and I now do not eat any chocolate, I exercise every day, do not drink any Coca Cola and the worst thing I do is drink beer now.

I would just like to please ask you guys if you think my past was the cause of my high cholesterol back then, I also did zero exercise, none at all, the doctor never asked me about my diet or exercise, just prescribed me statins and never followed me up.

I am just getting myself in a complete state of worry that my arteries are clogging up :( I have grown up in those 3 years and now eat healthily and exercise, I just can't get the images of clogged arteries out of my head.

Thank You so much for reading 

I would guess that your cholesterol levels would drop. You might be able to get a private health check from a suitably trained personal trainer which includes the cholesterol test. Otherwise, you could try requesting the check from your doctor even if he doesn't normally do them.