Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyward82

Aiming to lose 5% body fat before Christmas. Help!

2 posts in this topic

Hello all. I'm 23% body fat and 43 years old. I've set myself a target to lose as much body fat as I can before Christmas - ideally as much as 5% - not sure if that's realistic?? I fully intend to stay fit and healthy put perhaps tone down the frequency and intensity once I've reached my aim and keep at the lower weight once I'm there.

I've joined a gym (doesn't have a pool) but has lots of classes, etc. I've done a lot of research into diet and whatnot so I think I'm okay on that side of things.  I'm aiming to go every day for 30-40 minutes - I'll get bored if I go for longer sessions.... My problem is that when I get to the gym I'm not entirely sure of what's the best thing to do. Do I do a whole session on cardio on one day, then a weights session the next on a specific part of my body or should I just get a good daily mix of everything. If there are any apps you guys can recommend I'd appreciate it as I like to have a specific thing in mind when I go to the gym and not just walk about thinking 'oh I haven't been on that for a while...'

All help much appreciated.

Cardio exercise is the best fat burner - check out your cardio classes?

Your gym membership should entitle you to a programme - tell them your goals and they should give you a detailed programme using all their equipment - every gym has a different selection of equipment

All the best