Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steve cheek

Usual Gym Routine

6 posts in this topic

Hello.

This is my usual gym routine which I normally do 3 times a week.

Any suggestions or advice on how I could improve my routine would be very welcome.

10 minutes running machine.

4 x 8 lat pull down

4 x 8 tricep dips

4 x 8 pec deck

4 x 10 leg press

4 x 8 bicep curls

4 x 8 shoulder press

4 x 8 chest press

4 x 10 lower back extention

crunches

1000m rowing machine.

Thanks.

Steve.

Hello.

This is my usual gym routine which I normally do 3 times a week.

Any suggestions or advice on how I could improve my routine would be very welcome.

10 minutes running machine.

4 x 8 lat pull down

4 x 8 tricep dips

4 x 8 pec deck

4 x 10 leg press

4 x 8 bicep curls

4 x 8 shoulder press

4 x 8 chest press

4 x 10 lower back extention

crunches

1000m rowing machine.

Thanks.

Steve.

the above routine is good but rather top heavy: you need to do some lower limb exercises like leg extension and leg curls and adductions (if this machine is available in your gym) i realise that you need to fit in these extra exercises in the same time frame that you are currently able to spend in the gym.

the best way would be to cut down on 1 set of each exercise. now you have the time and energy to do 8 extra sets within the same time. yout thus quite easily fit in 2-3 sets of extensions leg curls and adductions.

Hi

Get some Squats & Lunges in there, if your not sure on the form ask the trainers for a bit of help. Do you do any other cardio on other days?

Thanks.

I will definitely add some more leg exercises to my routine.

Currently I'm not doing very much CV. I only play football and table tennis once a week but I am going to start doing two 20 minute runs a week as well.

Good advice from Runs with Dogs. Also, my tip is to modify your routine on a regular basis - your body will soon get used to it if you do all the same exercises for too long.

Try http://www.gymscrolls.com for a selection of routines. I find them useful 'cos the workouts are set up to run on an iPod - and I need music to get me through a training session!

<_<

What results are you aiming for? From what you have written i would say strength/hypertrophy, but try mixing up rep ranges a bit, try some more sets of 10 or 12. Make sure you change your routine every 6 or so weeks as you don't want to plateau