Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

crelding

Health Supplements

39 posts in this topic

Other than protein powders what supplements do people take?

I take acai berry and cold pressed flax seed oil (with great results) and was wondering what other supps people take, what effect they have had etc

Steer clear of most supplements including protein powders. A good multivit and fish oils are a good start.

Steer clear of most supplements including protein powders. A good multivit and fish oils are a good start.

I disagree - protein powders are vitally important to your diet if you're trying to put on lean muscle and cut back on carbs and fat.

Protein shakes are a good idea - unless you want to drink pints of tuna.

I can't see anything wrong with protein shakes either, especially if you are a keen gym go'er.

All the supplements I take, not all at once though - for different purposes of course.

Everyday:

Multivitamin and minerals

Cod liver oil

Apple cider vinegar

Depending on situation:

Caffeine

Taurine

L-glutamine peptides

Creatine Monohydrate

Whey Protein

Blended oats

HMB

All good supplements.

Completely depends on what you want to achieve. If you're cutting or building mass, protein supplements can be very helpful. I think it's best to get protein from meats and eggs etc but sometimes you need the extra loads or it's simply a lot easier to down a shake than it is to cook a chicken breast each day.

Hi Guys,

I agree with the majority on taking sports supplementation.....

If you're an athlete or just doing it for aesthetic purposes, sports supplementation assists you in meeting your nutritional goals where as whole meals can sometimes be tricky to construct firstly, they become time consuming and costly.

Therefore sports supplementation is essential for anyone trying to reach their goals and this is the reason it's an ever growing market. Further to that food qualities aren't nearly as good as they were back in the day as everything is produced at such a fast pace that all the nutritional values have deteriorated.

This topic will always be an age old debate!!!!! Eat your heart out none supplement users..... Lol

Take a look at my posts on my site regarding different whey proteins this should shed some light on which proteins to take.

Add protein in your diet and you can do that by taking eggs, oatmeal, bacon, and smoothies with a scoop of protein powder. There is no harm in taking protein supplements. There is a huge range of supplements available in the market and they are designed specially for athletes and trainers.

Add protein in your diet and you can do that by taking eggs, oatmeal, bacon, and smoothies with a scoop of protein powder. There is no harm in taking protein supplements. There is a huge range of supplements available in the market and they are designed specially for athletes and trainers.

Hi Forum,

This is an interesting topic. Aren´t supplemental protein powders supposed to be harmful and un- natural?

Thanks

i generally prefer to take supplements but only in natural form and this to under the guidance of some doctor. Even apart from that good exercise and healthy diet always keep my body tuned.

Hi Forum,

This is an interesting topic. Aren´t supplemental protein powders supposed to be harmful and un- natural?

Thanks

Evidence?

Whey Protein

Protein Blend

Post workout shake

fish oils

multi vits

creatine

pre work out (occasionally)

Protein powders are fine as long as there supplementing your diet and not just your diet. Make sure you don't go for the cheapest out the as they'll usually give you the squits and farts lol

I am not dependent on supplements but like to do exercise daily and healthy diet my purpose too.

I take daily:

Multi Vitamins

Cod Liver Oil

Vitamin C

This is as well as a mostly balanced diet, just to boost my immune system and make sure there are no deficiencies. I have noticed that since taking Vit C every day I rarely get a cold, and when I do it's so mild it's almost unnoticeable! :)

This was an awesome post...

I have gathered lots of information regarding on the best supplement for my diet.

How will I be sure that supplemental powders will not harm my health? I mean is there any proven testimonials?

Is whey protein really good for my diet?

Still, thanks a lot for a wonderful posts guys!

i dont like to take supplements, market have many supplements which have untested powder and it has been really harmful on some people... on net i have seen people who got problem with their kidneys and lungs... arteries blockage... i would like to go for soya bean as it is natural source of protein, eggs.. they are reliable....

I'm now enjoying the benefits of taking MX Resveratrol Complex. In fact, it's the birthday gift of my auntie to me. It's for improving heart health, lowering glucose and cholesterol and boosting the immune system. In terms with multivitamins, I'm still looking for a best brand for now.. Suggestion?

I would say that used in moderation protein powders are fine. In an ideal world gettimg protein from 100% natural sources would be (arguably) better but in the hustle of modern life they come in handy.

I've been pointed towards this particular stack of health suppliments that has definatly helped push my training on.

Chris.

I've been pointed towards this particular stack of health suppliments that has definatly helped push my training on.

Chris.

So who are you? Steve or Chris

I prefer if you wanna to loos or gain your fat who only you yearn to be made healthy you can use any best supplementary course which have not side effects.

Hi

A few months ago realized that it’s time to do something about my overweight.

I’m only 22 years old and I don’t want to be ‘fat’ my entire life. So I got myself thinking of visiting the

gym a few times in a week. But to be honest, I’m very unsecure about my body and afraid of the reactions

of all those healthy, pumped up people. So I surfed the web and I found out that the Pronokal

program works with personal trainers in specialized gym’s.

So I explained my problem to the Pronokal coaches and they encouraged me to get moving more.

They also got me in contact with a personal trainer, Nicole. Taking up their advice, I started to move more.

I’m now walking on a daily basis and instead of getting in my car to go to my friends, I’m riding my bike.

At the moment I’m combining the diet together with personal training of Nicole, mainly focusing on cardio.

i think its a best supplement to live healthy.

The energy supplements for fitness and health are many as all of us need to be healthy and also fit . Proteins are the best supplements for the fitness and even more must have eating tips for heart,bones,muscles,brain even for the best fitness, health and nutrition tips delivered to our body daily. Eating real good food that contains proteins, nutrients, carbohydrates and all other necessary things to our body makes us stood fit. Please provide some more links regarding the topic.

Protein is building block of muscles so its deficiency in the body doesn't let muscles become stronger, and bigger. Those who are involved in bodybuilding and other types of athletic activities need more protein to be strong, and healthy. Muscles must be in good health and strength so that peak performance can be ensured.

Whey protein supplements are of paramount importance to build muscles regardless of goals they help in all kinds of activities. If someone wants to increase muscle mass whey protein will be of great assistance similarly if anyone wants to burn fats these supplements will complement the workout routine.

It is necessary to seek the advice of a trainer before adding any supplement into your diet plan so that maximum benefits can be obtained. Each individual is different with unique requirements so supplement should be used according to the body requirement.

Supplements are available into different forms such as powder, pills etc, and one can use it in any form according to the choice. Most of the people use due to number of benefits they offer. Bodybuilders can increase their muscle mass with the help of these shakes at a rapid rate because workouts become more authentic, and fruitful when the body is getting required nutrition.

Muscle tissues need protein to get repaired when they get damaged during workouts, and it is essential to repair those tissues to prevent the loss of muscle loss. Protein intake is important because it suffice the body with essential amino acids can't be synthesized by the body .These shakes can help burn body fats as well so not only those who are involved in athletic activities, and bodybuilding can get benefits but also other people as well.

Edited by fitlife