Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Theo M. Whittington

The Cardio Thread! Exercise For Fat Loss

What's your favourite type of cardio?   78 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favourite type of cardio?

• Steady State
    • High Intensity Interval Training
    • Neither
    • Both
  2. 2. What's your favourite cardio exercise?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

Lots of people use exercise as a way of burning off fat. What's your favourite way of burning off fat? Do you like HIIT or steady state? What're your favourite exercises?

Theo

Hi Theo

I find that high intensity works well for myself for keeping lean and for losing any excess fat. Favourite has got to be anything to do with kickboxing as i found the high tempo kicks and punches and the interval training in skipping, shadow boxing and sparring does wonders for keeping in good condition.

I do enjoy running and other forms of cardio but i can find them boring at times especially if just steady pace for a long duration. So these days if i do go for a run i try to liven it up by climbing and jumping over things.

Although the old dears in the area give funny looks when they see me hurdling over seats an benches biggrin.gif

Haha brilliant.

I get funny looks sometimes too. We use sandbags in my beach bootcamp. The most common comment is 'Look! they're stealing sand' haha.

Hey Guys,

Lots of people use exercise as a way of burning off fat. What's your favourite way of burning off fat? Do you like HIIT or steady state? What're your favourite exercises?

Theo

I prefer low impact low intensity done after weights or on separate days as it has a more muscle sparing effect :) you may be interested to view my blog www.alexpascoe.com as I've done some transformations using many different techniques. thanks

Hi Theo

I find that high intensity works well for myself for keeping lean and for losing any excess fat. Favourite has got to be anything to do with kickboxing as i found the high tempo kicks and punches and the interval training in skipping, shadow boxing and sparring does wonders for keeping in good condition.

I do enjoy running and other forms of cardio but i can find them boring at times especially if just steady pace for a long duration. So these days if i do go for a run i try to liven it up by climbing and jumping over things.

Although the old dears in the area give funny looks when they see me hurdling over seats an benches biggrin.gif

Hey Theo,

I used to do a lot of steady state cardio but felt like I wasn't getting results worthy of my efforts...then I started playing team sports and discovered the benefits of hiit and haven't looked back.

I like the physical and mental challenge of hiit plus the fat just seems to melt away :) and playing in a team environment provides so much support and motivation...and friendship which is great.

Nic.

Glad to hear you're getting the results you wanted Nicole!

I like to mix my cardio up. Sometimes i will do slow cardio for about 20min after a workout. I will also do some sort of circuit training workout once a week. I dont really need to do much more than this.. however within my job i am on my feet walking around for 9hour at a time so that adds up to alot of cardio haha

Fat loss is achived by a lifestyle adjustment.

Getting your nutrition right and maintaining a well balanced and structured training plan will essentially help you on your way to achieving fat loss.

Intensities are vital when looking to achieve fat loss and training the muscles at the same time is the key, do not neglect weight training as this is what ultimately shapes us.

Thanks

Mike

I love jogging on the thread mill...I had reached a point where I was jogging for 30 mins without losing my breath. I've lost it now and need to build back up. Also, I love going to circuits class! During the class I feel like I'm going to die but the end result is amazing

This is marvelous post about the daily exercises, Thanksfor sharing information you can lose weight through these exercises, which is a big issues now a days. Running in a thread mill will be effective for weight loss.

My fatloss/cv fitness workout is as follows:

45-60mins x5 per week:

5min warm up: build upto 120bpm and hold.30-45 cv workout: HR140-160bmp10+min cool down: bring steadliy down to 110bpm then your done.

Favourite cv machines with low joint impact with mximum fatloss/cv benifits: cross trainer and step climber.

Best time to for cv workout for fat loss is: AM fastin cardio (empty stomach) 2nd to that is tea time 4+pm.

Hi there people!

I hope someone can help me. I have currently put on weight and I am trying to loose it. I used to be 10stone when I met my fiance 5 years ago and now I am 12stone. I would like to go back down to 10 this is what I am aiming for.

Now, 5 days a week I have a routine that I do for 25 minutes in the afternoon everyday. I do take sat and suns off. The routine is a mix of high and low aerobics and a little boxing. Will this help me loose weight?? I know it has already started to tone me as I am seeing a nicer shape in me.

I need to know if 25-30 mins 5 days a week will be ok to help me loose weight and get back to 10stone. :) We have just moved to Spain and would love to get in a bikini and feel and look good!

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Vee

I definitely find high intensity sessions are the way to go in order to lose the weight. I think it depends on your fitness levels though. If you are just starting out or haven't exercised for a while then it is best to stay with moderate intensity. As you get fitter you will benefit more from increasing the intensity. each session would typically last around 30 mins. Circuits sessions, working your whole body produce great results.

Five years ago my weight was over 62 pounds higher than now. using my own, simple (without any specific diet and intensive exercises) method I lost this overveight and I can keep fit and slimness without problems. Now I am passionate about long distance running, but this is the effect, not cause of this change. Regards.

Five years ago my weight was over 62 pounds higher than now. using my own, simple (without any specific diet and intensive exercises) method I lost this overveight and I can keep fit and slimness without problems. Now I am passionate about long distance running, but this is the effect, not cause of this change. Regards.

Hi Henryk;

Could you publish your workout schedule here for us to try it?

Thanks

i find lifting heavy weights with short or no breaks at all is great for losing weight and gaining size in muscle at the same time

Hey Guys,

Theo

Personally I agree with the use of HIIT. Recently I've written a blog on the use of Tabata as I've been doing a lot of research into hit and experimented with it myself. Like it is so tough because of the intensity, and steady state just doesn't do that.

Sure if you need a good base fitness, steady state will benefit you e.g. Sports such as football, but for weight loss, use the weights and HIIT

Cardio is a best exercise for making your body strong and getting slimmer. My favorite exercise is Sun Salutation. I hope you have heard about this exercise. It has 12 steps which are repeated 12 times in the morning. You can do it fast or slowly, it is up to you.

1. Steady healthy

2. I love running

Same exercise should never be done, because a person may get bored and when that happens he may not do that exercise again. I suggest people should try different exercises, like sometimes cardio, other times weight lifting. Thanks for posting this good thread! :)

I've lost 3 stone in the last few months by cooking my meals (most of the time) and cutting out sugar, bread, pasta, potatoes, chips, cereal & wheat.

I think 90% of people can fix their weight by making cooking part of their lives as that means you get less sugar than processed foods. Buy vodka soda with loads of lime squeezed in, instead of pints. Only drink water, instead of juice.

But back on topic...HIIT is amazing but do it properly at a real high intensity. Google supramaximal, or SMIT.

If you combine HIIT/SMIT with some muscle building eg bodyweight training or weights then u can't go wrong. The muscles don't go huge they just give you shape, and those muscles eat up carbs for fun.

Summary:

1. Cook your own food, but freeze half of each pot, and get tons of soup or something for the days you can't be parsed cooking

2. Alternate between HIIT & muscle building each night, e in just 20 minutes.

3. Get loads of sleep so ur body gets the best chance to make the.most of your efforts

Hey Guys,

Theo

Hi

I love HIIT training as a rule but the way I lose weight is walking for 30-40 minutes a day with the dog - on the flat!! I am not trying to lose the weight either but the dog needs walking!!

I have lost weight around the top of my thighs and around my belly - difficult places to move it after 40 :)

I have done lots of steady state cardio in the past and just recently moved onto HIIT training and think I will stick with this in the future, it seems much more effective and I really feel I have worked hard. That muscle burn is a really good thing right dry.gif

Hey Guys,

Theo

I like running to burn fat. But I can't follow this in my daily routine.