Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: White Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk Fitness Forums

Welcome to Fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk - Fitness forums and community. Discuss topics such as fitness, nutrition diet and lifestyle. You're currently viewing fitnessandlifestyle.co.uk as a guest. Members can communicate with members all over the world by starting new topics and posts in the forums so sign up now. Its free to register!

Elmo13313

Home Fitness

23 posts in this topic

I have just started back at work after having my little girl who is now 6 months old and have very little chance to go to the gym! I have started attempting some at home workouts such as Insanity (not 6 days a week) and Fitness Blender. Can anyone recommend any effective workouts I can do at home, most likely with my baby watching!!? If there are any mothers out there that are having the same issue, any advice you have would be great!

Insanity is a great home workout but you will definitely need some alternatives. There is a kettlebell workout, I think its called kettleworx, I have used it and its pretty good. It would compliment insanity very well.

Also if you have a bike you can mount it on a turbo trainer, this can provide a great 20-30 minute workout.

Burpees are basically a push up into a squat position, finished with a vertical jump.

There are many exercises that you can do at home like running on a treadmill, cycling on a stationary bike, doing some yoga or zumba. These exercises are the best if you want to lose weight easily. Also you need to have an active and healthy lifestyle. Eat fruits daily and drink plenty of water every day.

Go slow

I have just started back at work after having my little girl who is now 6 months old and have very little chance to go to the gym! I have started attempting some at home workouts such as Insanity (not 6 days a week) and Fitness Blender. Can anyone recommend any effective workouts I can do at home, most likely with my baby watching!!? If there are any mothers out there that are having the same issue, any advice you have would be great!

The two brands you mention are as good as any. :)

Agree with what's been said - the two you mentioned are good. Going to try t25 as well - just because it is hard to find the time.

I'm also getting back in shape and was working out at home with some homemade weights and i also jog a bit.

There are a lot of mother and baby exercises on youtube, if you're interested in involving baby :)

I love ballet beautiful and blogilates workouts on youtube. No jumping around so it should be fine doing them around baby.

If you're looking for something quick, I would recommend Jillian Michaels dvds. I've done 30 day shred and found it enjoyable. Its only 30 minutes including warm up and cool down. It gets boring and repetitive, but you can always mix up your workouts with doing different dvds/ youtube workouts on different days :)

google it out.

You can also watch a videoon Youtube, there are many activities for moms and kids there and you willenjoy it. I also love playing games with my kids it helps me to lose weight.Brisk walking and running is also a great way to lose weight but we can walkoutside because of the weather so maybe invest a treadmill and do someexercises at home.

Insanity is a great home workout but you will definitely need some alternatives. There is a kettlebell workout, I think its called kettleworx, I have used it and its pretty good. It would compliment insanity very well.

Also if you have a bike you can mount it on a turbo trainer, this can provide a great 20-30 minute workout.

Insanity is real insane (in a positive way though)!!! Tried twice and , gosh, I was out of breath even on my fittest day! I used to be on a very good exercise regime before I gave birth to my toddler but now I am desperately struggling to get back on some sort of routine again. It is getting too busy to find some time for myself amid all the cooking, cleaning, the little one's study and other learning activities plus his need for playing and other games! In fact, let me ask here what can be a good workout regime for a busy mother like me! I can definitely see a change in my stamina and for the worse. So, nothing too intensive like insanity but something light but effective. I do go for a light jog or run every now and then but then there is no routine as such. :(

Hi Elmo13313

Have you thought about yoga, its absolutely fantastic as an exercise for yourself and with only the slightest of noise your little one would not get disturbed! You can keep an eye on your little one and get healthy all at the same time.

Hope you have found an exercise routing in the meantime that works but I do think it is admirable that you want to stay fit, it's not just for yourself as I think wanting to keep fit and look after ourselves are habits we can pass on to our children, which in the short as well as the long term, are priceless.

All the best.

I've been getting back into fitness this year - finally had the time to do so after having two kids! Great to see new ideas for getting back into shape - think I might try the Insanity Workout at some point!

So far, I've found the best tool for working out to be a suspension trainer. I purchased one from Amazon, (think the brand is APE Training) and it's been fantastic. I just hook it over my door and suddenly I have a home gym. There's loads of different workout routines for suspension trainers on youtube as well - so I almost feel like I'm attending a workout class. Great for when the kids are in bed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231887730973

I have tried loads of different workout dvds at home and find the ones I keep going back to are the BeachBody workouts which are good fun and upbeat as well as Jillian Michaels No more trouble zones - tough but good!

I would suggest Yoga. It is really effective in most of the health related issues and for loosing weight, its awesome. You can go for its different poses like pranayama, surya namaskar etc. They can help you a lot along with giving you that much time to take proper care of your young one.

fit:mix is a new fitness app available free on iTunes. http://www.appstore.com/fitmix

The interval workouts are structured but varied. Every workout is different as the exercises are selected from a catalogue of over 200.

You can customise the workout by selecting fitness level, workout duration, focus area and available equipment. It is developed by qualified personal trainers. I highly recommend.

You could do Burpees or cardio exercises. I would like to recommend another exercise technique which you can easily do in the morning. It is called Sun-Salutation. Drink a glass of Organic Noni Juice also apart from doing exercises. It will make your immune system very strong in a matter of time.

HOME EXERCISES YOU CAN DO WITH YOUR KIDS :-

1. Planking

2. Squats

3. Push-ups

4. Crunches

5. Lunges

I have a bike to train on at home and do some yoga exercises afterward. There is also a cool app called Asana Rebel which combines yoga and fitness I use a couple of times a week.

I would recommend ballet beautiful. I have bought the whole workout DVD but actually, there are so many ballet beautiful videos on YouTube. You can have a try on one of them. Mary Helen's instructions are clear and she does the workout along with you so you can see her form the entire time.